Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Hotel Review: Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries

We are pleased to present another Rewards Canada Hotel Review! This review is provided by Dee who has contributed to Rewards Canada in past with flight reviews, lounge reviews and several Aeroplan articles.

Recently I completed a stay at the Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries on a trip for work in London, Ontario. The hotel is located on the corner of Waterloo street and Richmond street, right downtown near by the Citi Plaza Mall. I found the area no be very busy, and it was quiet at night during my stay.

When I arrived at the hotel, I wasn’t sure where to park, so I decided to park my car by the lobby door driveway. The lobby door itself was locked, however, there was a buzzer beside the door that notifies front desk to let you in. The check-in counter is right by the door, and for me the check-in process was seamless. The staff at check-in was friendly, and I believe the lady helping me  was in training as another employee was shadowing her. 

She didn't mention the In Hotel Welcome Gift for being a Marriott Titanium elite. As my account default option is the bonus points, I gave her a pass on this due to it probably being her first few days in the position.  I was offered two parking options: underground ($25) or the outside parkade beside the building for ($15); I opted the former due to the snow London was receiving at this time.

My first impression of this hotel was that it looked outdated based on the way the lobby looks (see the next two photos). My room was 2007 on the 20th floor, the Marriott Bonvoy elite level. There is also a club lounge located on this floor, however during my stay it was closed due to COVID and there was no mention of an alternative option to the lounge (ie breakfast etc.)



 

Surprisingly, the room was spacious and modern for a hotel situated on an old historical military base. There was a king-size bed with a couch available in the room. There wasn’t much of a view, as my room was facing other buildings. Overall, I found that  the room is good for business travelers. 

 





There is a pool on the hotel's second level, and the fitness studio in the basement. It is a great fitness studio that has everything you would need to get a good workout. I like to work out late and loved it during this stay as I worked out every night owing to the fact it was empty after 10:00 pm.


 

The second floor has memorabilia of the old army base and its history - a nice little free museum within the hotel! 





The hotel does have a restaurant on the lobby floor however I didn't get to try it out during this stay. And that was it for my stay!  Overall, I was impressed by the hotel and will stay here again when I am back in London.

Hotel details

Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries 

Points required for a free night:
Marriott Bonvoy no longer has a set amount of points for award nights however for the majority of 2022 this hotel requires 15,500 to 20,000 Bonvoy points per night. With these rates you can choose to use the Free Night Award that comes from the Marriott Bonvoy American Express cards at this location. Click here to book this hotel

If you are paying for a stay at this hotel make sure you pay with the Marriott Bonvoy™ American Express®* Card or the Marriott Bonvoy™ Business American Express® Card as those cards earn 5 points per dollar spent with Marriott!

Don't forget to visit and book mark our Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points page for many more points opportunities.

Talk to us! Have you stayed at the Delta Hotels by Marriott London Armouries? What are your thoughts of the hotel? Or are you planning to and looking forward to it? Let us know below!  

No comments:

Post a Comment