Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Earning Stories: Success with Alitalia MilleMiglia Status Match Offer

Welcome to the next post in the Earning Stories series right here on Rewards Canada. For years we have provided you with the details on earning points and miles (both regular earning and bonus opportunities) and these stories show the actual offers in action.

Unlike other earning stories, this one does not involve a flight, hotel stay or car rental. This one looks at an offer we posted here on Rewards Canada back at the beginning of July about Alitalia MilleMiglia having a open elite status match offer. Here is the offer as it appeared on our blog:




Here is the offer as pulled from our MilleMiglia page as it is still valid and if you haven't taken advantage of it yet you really should!

Receive an Elite Status Match to a non SkyTeam airline program. Full details
Getting a status match is very easy. Send an email to StatusMatchMilleMiglia@alitalia.com by December 31, 2015 with the following:
  • First name and last name
  • MilleMiglia code
  • A legible copy of your existing valid Frequent Flyer program card
Your status will be effective 5 working days after you send the request email and will be maintained until March 31, 2016. To confirm that your status has been recognized, you will receive a personalized email from your new Club.

I decided to give this an offer a shot and wanted to test it with a status I have that was expiring soon. I used my Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club Gold status that came with The Platinum Card from American Express. This benefit is actually no longer available from the card but my Gold status with Cathay Pacific is valid until the end of September. I simply scanned my Marco Polo Gold card and sent it off as instructed above with my name and MilleMiglia number. About three weeks later I received confirmation from Alitalia that my status match went through! I was now a MilleMiglia Freccia Alata Club member (essentially Gold status).

Here is the screen shot from the email confirming the status match:


I actually received my physical card in the mail yesterday! Now I have elite status with Alitalia and SkyTeam until the end of March next year even though my status with Cathay ends in a month and a half! I would say this is a success story.  I don't think I'll fly Alitalia before the end of March to take advantage of all the benefits but there is a good chance I will be on some SkyTeam flights so it will be nice to take advantage of the SkyTeam benefits allotted with SkyTeam Elite Plus status:
Not only will I look at using these benefits, by having this status with Alitalia I may be able to extend it to other status match offers that are in or will be coming to the market since my Cathay status ends soon.

We'd love to hear how you have if you have taken advantage of this status match offer as well! Leave us a comment below or submit your own earning story to be featured here on Rewards Canada.


Have your earning story featured!
Not only are Rewards Canada Earning Stories featured in this series, we want to feature your stories as well! Have you earned a lot of points or miles by utilizing offers posted on Rewards Canada? We would love to hear about them and potentially feature them here on Rewards Canada. Tell us your earning story by emailing us the details of what you earned, screenshots if possible of those points/miles posting and what offer on Rewards Canada you took advantage of. Email it to us info@rewardscanada.ca

 ---

No comments:

Post a Comment