Thursday, November 28, 2013

Aeroplan: 5x to 10x the miles on all eStore purchases made Nov 29 - Dec 3

A lot of the posts here on Rewards Canada and our features in the media over the past few weeks have been about maximizing your miles for holiday shopping and this post is no different. Now that Canada has fully adopted the Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping frenzy seen in the U.S. it is not only the retailers putting many items on sale but the online e-malls offering up more miles or points for accessing those retailers via their shopping portal

Aeroplan has forwarded me their Black Friday/Cyber Monday offer for shopping via their portal eStore and it is a pretty decent offer! Members who shop at any of their participating retailers will earn a minimum 5x Aeroplan miles with some retailers going as high as 10x the miles! The offer runs between Friday November 29th and Tuesday December 3rd.

For me this is a Homer Simpson 'Doh!' moment as we have already done some our Christmas shopping via the portal at only 2x the miles. There is still some shopping left for us to do so we are going to make sure we get it done this weekend so that we maximize our miles on those purchases! We recommend you do so to!

http://www4.aeroplan.com/estore/index.ep?icid=ae_btn&custid=

6 comments:

  1. How long does it normally take for E-Store points to show up in your Aeroplan account? I bought from Apple in late October (with a 5x deal) and still have not received the points. How much longer should I wait, or should I get in touch with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received my miles within two weeks on a recent purchase. It will depend on when the retailer reports the purchase back to Aeroplan for you to get credit. It won't hurt to reach out to them already to find out where your miles are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patrick, I've just done that. Have you ever heard of E-store purchases somehow not being given the points? I'm positive I went through the E-store to make the purchase, but since it's taken so long I'm now afraid they'll tell me it wasn't purchased through them. What kind of recourse is there if that is the case?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also want to say, I love your blog and find it very helpful. I always check it before I make travel reservations to take advantage of any deals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you submitted your Aeroplan number before clicking through to the retailer they should have details of it.

    You could always send them a copy of the order and tell them that the order was placed via the eStore if they say they have no record of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jan. Very glad you like the site!

    ReplyDelete